Wednesday, February 13, 2013

I have really been enjoying my new job as a nurses aide.   However, it is a different rhythm to get used to.  I would work between five and six days a week with my mom but no more then eight hours a day.  In my new job I work between eight and twelve hour shifts.  What I like about that is I get some days off. While I put in about the same hours each week, in some ways I feel like I have a lot more free time.  This is not every day though.  These past few days of having off have been a time for me to step back and re evaluate how I spend my time.

Living at home has been such a tremendous blessing both emotionally and financially.  I know my time here is limited and I won't live here forever.  I try to keep the house clean when I'm away and help my family with any errands or projects they need help with, and I know they do the same for me.  Once a week I'll scrub the floors and relive the glory days of when I was a cleaning lady.  It works out great because my family can walk on clean floors and my hands smell like Febreez All Purpose cleaner for the rest of the day.

As I mentioned in a previous post, I spend a lot of time on the river trail.  I have really enjoyed my mornings of sitting at "my" bench, looking out at the river and praying to the God who made the beautiful nature that surrounds me.  This season of my life has been a lot of figuring out who I am, why I am the way the way I am, and what to do with all of that.  It has been a time of letting go and being free, and being thankful for what I have instead of dwelling on what I don't.  When I go meditate on the goodness of God  I really feel content in what I have instead of insecure of what I have not accomplished.  I realize that the Lords timing in all things is perfect, and the center of his will is the best place to be, even if I don't understand.  I love my times with the Lord alone in nature.  In the quiet stillness of my heart, I feel his love for me.  It doesn't have to be when I'm at the river, doing good, or thinking "God things".  God's love surrounds me when I'm at work and I'm in situation and I dont know what to do, or when I'm frustrated with my lack of progress on an issue I've been working on for so long.  I love when I feel Gods hand on me when I'm alone praying or worshipping, but to be honest Im much more impacted when I feel his love come on me in those day to day moments.

Working the 2nd shift has turned me into a lazy morning person. I must say laid back mornings must be the best part of working second shift.  Most folks retire in the evening and settle into bed, but for me it's the opposite.  I work all evening so the morning is my time to relax, grab a second cup of coffee and watch the today show.  I probably spend more time in jammies then I ever have in my life.  I feel like such a bum saying that but it's oh so true and my guilty pleasure.

I hope this gives a little window into who I am and what I like. More to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment