Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Aussie Christmas!

The first thing I heard as I rolled out of bed was the pouring rain on the tile roof. No beach, BBQ or pool party.  It rained all day yesterday too. This is disappointing because we tried to fill this Christmas day with stuff to do outside. We moved on to plan B to do some inside things.  Some came over to our house to bake cookies and brownies.  As the brownies were finishing up, our oven broke.  It started making a noise and smoke started to come out. We opened all our windows and doors, but the smoke kept pouring in.  So our baking was planned short, and our little Christmas dinner plans were cancelled. I'm physically feeling tired and sluggish as well.  It hasn't been the luckiest day.  I'm  still so grateful for Christmas and its meaning. Christmas Eve last night we got together and watched The Passion of the Christ.

Christmas this year has been different.  I have no family, tree, presents or traditions this year.  However, I'm truly content.  I'm glad for the simplicity of this Christmas,  I had to be stripped of everything to actually know the true meaning of Christmas.  It's easy to say "Jesus is the reason for the season" and stuff like that.  At the same time, I'd be stressed about gifts, parties and the like.  God sent Jesus as a baby to grow into a man and take on the sins of the world so we may have eternal life.  I can not think of a better gift. He has been my source of strength and my best friend.  I've had to fully rely on him and he's always provided, and I know he will continue to.

I hope and pray you have a blessed Christmas.  Wherever you are in the world or however you celebrate take some time to reflect on the gift that God gave us.  The true meaning of Christmas is incredibly special and we can't help but be thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment