Wednesday, December 1, 2010

While my intentions were to update more frequently, I suppose my lack of corresponding with you all is a sign that they are keeping me occupied here at YWAM.  Now that the internet is back on track and we're back from our outreach trip I'm planning on getting back on track with blogging. With each passing day, I wish more and more to update. I decided to crack down and do it today, to let you all know I'm still alive and still loving it here :)  I am learning and experiencing so much here! Here is a quick recap of what I have been doing since the last update.

My last update was right after Fear of the Lord week.  We had Mark Parker as our speaker.  This was the most significant and life changing week thus far for me on the DTS.  Ever since then, I can truly say I wake up with a different mindset.  On November 13, Mark Parker lead a 14 hour ministry time for our group. (we were also privileged to host the YWAM Byron Bay DTS that week)  We praised and gave thanks to God, surrendered, confessed and received healing.  I will never forget this amazing time.

The next week lectures were on faith and finances, and conflict resolution.  Greg Cummings spoke to us about trusting God with money.  He has an amazing story.  He and his wife run an orphanage in Africa, so he knows quite a lot about what it says in Deuteronomy 28.  Conflict resolution was good as well.  It's amazing how the Bible is our answer book about anything in life.  I'm glad to say that I haven't had to put this into practice much since we all get along so well here :)

Last week, our base had the opportunity to volunteer with a highly credited Christian chaplaincy organization.  We spent the week in Surfers Paradise helping out with the Australian version of senior week. (I have to be rather careful with my words because they are strict about what we blog and share...) My group of John, Grace, Michelle and I were assigned to a hotel.  We would knock on the door and offer them candy (I promise it wasn't as creepy it sounds. The graduates know what this organization is.)  and then they would have us come in there rooms to hang out.  We would clean up their apartments, (no maid service here) make them pancake breakfasts, clean up their vomit, walk them home for safety, take them to first aid etc...  When we weren't in the hotel we would do all these other things.  Our group formed some amazing relationships with them.  The best part was leading a girl to salvation.  God is so amazing! In fact, that was my one expectation going into the week and he never ceases to amaze me with his impeccable timing   As exhausting and crazy as the week was,  I would do it again in heart beat.  As I walked down streets and saw all the young people, (most were drunk)  my heart went out them and I know God loves them so much.  Each one of the 30,000 kids in Surfers has a destiny with the creator.  So many of them I talked to were hungry and longing for something more out life.  Doing YWAM, I am so spiritually fed; constantly in a christian environment.  It was a privilege to be sent out and be the hands and feet of Jesus.  To win a generation is to SERVE a generation.

This week the topic is the Holy Spirit.  Chris Twinn is our speaker once again, and just like last time it's been amazing!  I am so thankful to be here learning this.  It's amazing how much more God wants for our lives.  Christianity is not intended to be boring, monotonous, and full of rules.  Rather, it is exciting and the greatest source of joy anyone can ever know or experience. Everyone here is open to what the Holy spirit has to offer, which makes for a neat environment.  I'm excited for the rest of this week.

I am doing so well!  Thank you for your prayers and please continue to pray.  Not just for me but for my whole group.  Pray that we will be united and strong through this time.  We have been here for ten weeks and as they say: "the honeymoon phase is over."  God's grace is sufficient in every situation and I love every person here on this DTS. Seriously, living community style, you not only learn so much about your neighbor, but so much about yourself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment