Saturday, December 18, 2010

Thankfulness comes from the heart

There is not a day that goes by where I don't thank God for these people, places and things in my life.  I am so blessed to be here.  These are the things I miss, love and am blessed with everyday. 

My Mom:  She is such an amazing woman!  Through thick and thin, her undying dedication to Christ has been my inspiration my whole life.  To be told I resemble in any way is the most sincere compliment.  This summer, I worked for her cleaning houses.  Believe me, she is a hard worker! She cares for her clients and friends so much.  She never talks bad about anyone and is always lifting others up, even when they're not around.  If you know her, consider yourself blessed.  I call her once a week here, and it's so great to talk to her.  I love her!

Grandma and Grandpa Mylin:  I love them so much.  They have been my backbone and super supportive of me being here. It makes my day when  receive an email from them.  I admire their relationship with God, it is so sincere.  They are always looking out for the needs of others.  I hope to be like them someday.

Grandma and Grandpa Sadler:  I have felt so much love and support from them.  I love and miss them a lot. Some of my favorite memories are going to their house after school.  They have a special place in my heart. I know I can count on them.  They are awesome!

My extended family: They too, are so supportive.  I could go on and on about the impact they made on my life.  For Thanksgiving my cousins made me a poster that said "We miss you, Emily!" and my Aunt Andrea took a picture and put it on Facebook.  That made my day.  Some people on base saw the picture and said "you have a great family." and I couldn't help but agree.  I have always felt so much love and support from them.

Mount Joy Mennonite Church:  I'm so grateful to have grown up in such a supportive, loving, Christian environment. From going to Sunday school in the old church to attending the young adult class, I  have been so blessed.  Coming to YWAM, I felt prepared in a sense for the challenging material.  I credit this to what I learned at MJMC.  When I decided to do YWAM, they wholeheartedly supported me prayerfully and financially. I am forever grateful for this. My church is a true representation of what the body of Christ should be.  I love them all!

Friends back home:  Although what I'm doing is different, my friends have included me and have been understanding and supportive.  I have a message thread with a few and it's so great to read to keep in touch with how everyone is doing.  It has been hard not being able to talk to them.  I love them so much!

Families I babysat for: Each family in their own unique way has been such a blessing to me!  I love kids and have been privileged to take care of them for years.  I'm so thankful for the friendships I have with the families.  I think about the children I sat for whenever I see kids here.  I have truly missed them.  I'm so thankful to have such an incredible opportunity to get to know different families and learn from them.  I love each one so much.

YWAM friends:  I couldn't imagine it any other way.  We are truly a community here.  Everyone sincerely loves one another. I have so much fun with everyone here!  The guys are so chivalrous, always opening the doors for us and making sure the girls are okay.  The girls all get along and we're always laughing or there for someone if they need to talk.  I have felt so loved and accepted here.  Everyone came from all over the world with different backgrounds.  Despite that, we can all live amongst each other in community and get along.  I believe that is a true resemblance of the body of Christ. 

Instant coffee:  It never fails!  Every morning, I turn on the kettle, have some God time and enjoy the sun.  I love coffee (plain black), and have perfected the art of making a fine cup of instant. And I never thought I would say that. 

A computer:  Has allowed me to keep in touch with everyone from home. Thank you, Grandpa for the free laptop!

A car, phone and ipod dock:  Being without these for 2+ months, I will never take them for granted!




No comments:

Post a Comment