Friday, October 15, 2010

Alice Springs!

I knew something was going on tonight at dinner.  The leaders wouldn't let us in the dining room because they said there was a surprise. We got excited because we thought there was a good chance we would find out our outreach teams.  Each student was blindfolded and lead into the dining room by a leader.  I had no idea what to expect.  Then they said they said "TAKE OFF YOUR BLINDFOLDS!" My eyes saw this little Australian set-up with a map, didgeridoo and adventure hat.  This confirmed that my outreach location will take place in Alice Springs, Australia.


Dear friends, I wish I could tell you that my heart skipped a beat and I cried tears of joy.  That was not the case.  Although I genuinely love everyone here, I am not in the same group as the people I have spent the most time with.  Also the other group is going to Pupa New Guinea, which I would have loved to have gone.  My new teammate, Cassie has such a sweet, kind and infectious personality.  Her enthusiasm  was contagious. Our leader, Sarah, gave us more details during dinner about Alice Springs and what our mission will be.  We will be working with the aboriginal people, working in schools, building relationships and sharing the love of Christ.  Another pro is this trip is half the cost of P.N.G., since we will be driving.  Sarah told me I was one of the first people God confirmed to go on this trip.  And when one is following the will of God, what can go wrong?  For his ways are higher than mine.  I will hold that truth close to my heart as God prepares it in these next few weeks of Lecture Phase.

 Another plus:  I will for sure see some Kangaroo, hug a koala,  hear didgeridoos on a regular  basis,  engage on one on one relationships with people, and experience some real Aussie life! (outback steakhouse is going to look sooo commercial when I come back home!)

This was an unforgetable night! I am already beginning to sense that this is going to be a wonderful experience.  God has these people on my team for a reason. He is so faithful and I know together, we will do some amazing things through Him.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure you have mixed emotions right now, but I'm also sure that you will rely on God to show you the way!! I'm excited for you--to hear the stories that you will have to tell!! Love you, Gma

    ReplyDelete