Sunday, October 10, 2010

rain, running and reading...

6:45 AM:  I woke up this morning to the sound of rain on the tile roof.  I rolled out of bed kind of disappointed because it's been been the third consecutive day it has rained here!  Everyone that lives here is says it is so rare for it to be raining this much.  My roommate, Laura is from Seattle so we joke she took the bad weather with her.  Our weekends here are Sunday and Monday so we can talk to our families in different time zones.  It would have been awesome to go the beach today.  I suppose it all worked out though because I was able to get my homework done and finish the reading assignment.  

To be honest, weekends are the hardest as far as missing home go.  I have to intentionally keep myself busy with things to do.  Thankfully that isn't very hard, everyone here is great company. My room mate has been baking up a storm (her scones are indcredible!) and yesterday we all had a movie marathon. :) Homesickness hasn't been too bad yet.  They told us weeks 3 and 5 are the most difficult.  I'm close with my family, so that may be the most challenging.

Yesterday I ran to the ocean!  It was an amazing prayer time.  God has been showing me that I can do what I enjoy, but to include him in it.  My ipod is loaded with music that distracts me from him.  I decided to take  a hiatus from the music (plus, it was raining) and to pray while I ran.  My mind felt so clear when I was done.  The ocean looked so gray and stormy.  If you know me, you know I LOVE the beach.  Anytime I'm close to the ocean Im at total peace.

This weekend is wrapping up pretty fast!  I think some people are coming over soon to play some dutch blitz.  Oh yeah!  I don't feel so far from home after all. :)

This week our speaker is Dave Bartch.  I'm not sure what the topic will be, but whatever it is I know it will be awesome.  Please pray my heart will be open to what God has for me this week.

Side note: I looked in our garage to see three surf boards!! They were donated by other YWAM students.  I can't wait to learn!

No comments:

Post a Comment