Thursday, October 21, 2010

angels and mortals

It's another great week on YWAM Gold Coast!  God is really moving in our group as well as me. On Teusday during intercession, we prayed for unity in our group.  Ever since then, I have noticed a real change in the group.  I believe unity is so important in the body of Christ.  I'm experiencing this first-hand; living community style, having to rely on people and being relied on.

This week is also Angels and Mortals week.  It's like spirit week, YWAM style :) Everyone got a name and whose name you received you are there "angel" for the week.  You are also a "mortal" which means you get lots of nice things done by your secret angel.  We have been having a blast with it!  I must say, I have the best "angel" ever!  The first night I got a note with a flower, Yesterday, a box of cookies, a note and  night off dinner clean-up! Today,after my run I found on my pillow I found a package of roasted almonds.  Then after small groups someone goes "Emily, don't worry about dinner clean-up tonight. Your angel has it covered."  Seriously, it has been such a HUGE blessing!  Dinner clean-up takes about an hour, so for someone to take over for me means a lot.  I have been so blessed to be apart of such an awesome, caring group. 

My "mortal"  is actually the main leader.  It's kind of challenging because he doesn't have work duties or other obligations like the students. I made him a smiley face out of mints(his favorite) and left him several notes.  I wish I could be more creative. I have a few good ideas for tomorrow :)

Prayer request:  I lead intercession tomorrow.  I have a topic and everything planned out but I want God to move and have it not be my own agenda, but his.

I don't have enough time now to update on what is happening spiritually, I will very soon because it is incredible.  Thank you for your support and prayers.   

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Emily it sounds like God is doing awesome thing in your life, and within your team! Just know that we're praying for you, and will continue to ask God to show you more and more. Thanks for allowing us to see a glimpse of how He is at work! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete